(Effective July 17, 2018)
The conduct of City Council meetings is guided by rules designed to carry out the public's business in the most effective manner possible.
- Each speaker must complete and submit a Request to Speak form prior to the beginning of the meeting, and the speaker shall be limited to the particular subject stated on the form.
- All Request to Speak forms must be submitted between 6:40 p.m. and 6:55 p.m. No forms will be accepted after 6:55 p.m.
- All public speakers must state their name and address after they are recognized by the Mayor and before they speak.
- In the interest of fairness to other persons wishing to speak all organizations/ groups shall select a spokesperson/representative.
- Each speaker shall limit comments to two minutes.
- Each speaker shall promptly conclude all comments when his or her time has expired.
- All remarks shall be addressed to the Council as a whole and not to any single member, unless in response to a question from a member.
- Each person addressing the City Council shall do so in an orderly manner and shall not engage in conduct that disrupts, disturbs, or otherwise impedes the orderly conduct of the Council meeting.
- City Council shall not take action relative to any public comment during this meeting.
- Public comments requiring a response shall be done so by City Council or a staff member in the form of a letter.