Employees play a vital role in advancing the City's goals and work hard to promote the organization's core values. These values serve as benchmarks for employee empowerment, leadership, and service. They also lead the way in facilitating the City's organizational mission and vision. Accordingly, Human Resources strategically recruits candidates with behaviors that form a nexus to the City's core values.
- Excellence - Supporting excellence in public service
- Professionalism - Demonstrating personal conscientiousness through the qualities of courtesy, honesty and respect
- Integrity - Modeling honesty and transparency through open government
- Innovation - Promoting continuous improvement
- Accountability - Taking ownership of performance and the team's success
The City also maintains core competencies that assist in employee recruitment and development. A competency is a skill, trait or behavior that leads to a desired performance result.
- Accountability - The ability to take responsibility for one's individual actions while remaining focused on the City's goals and objectives
- Communication - The process by which information is transmitted and understood. Communication includes both oral and written skills
- Customer Service - The ability to anticipate and meet the needs of the City's internal and external customers
- Leadership and Development - The process of influencing individual and group activities toward the achievement of the City's department, division and individual employee goals and objectives
- Teamwork - The ability to work well with others and offer support, identify problems and find creative and/or practical solutions
Employees must uphold the City's values and competencies.
View Current Openings
We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
The City of Union City's E Verify Company Identification Number is 47769 and the admission date is July 19, 2007.